"...let's see colors that have never been seen, let's go to places no one else has been.."
Electrical Storm by U2

Friday, April 26, 2013

Greece - Meteora Valley

Meteora Valley by Darby Sawchuk
Meteora Valley, a photo by Darby Sawchuk on Flickr.


I came across this photo on Flickr and decided that I want to be there someday.

Metéora in Greek means "middle of the sky" or "suspended in the air" (from Wikipedia).

I love everything about this photo - great vivid colors, great composition - but I'm not here to talk about photography. I'm just an amature in this area. This place has everything that I look for in a travel destination - dramatic rock pillars, mountains in the background...By the look of the skies - not so hot and not so cold. An old building in the middle of nature (in this case - one of the six Eastern Orthodox monasteries). Colorful trees. looks magical and special.

I found a photography and travel blog which I really like, called "Blame the Monkey". The photographer and writer, Elia Locardi, wrote a post about the Meteora

Also found this Timelapse video on Vimeo: 




Suspended in the air | Meteora from Alexandros Maragos on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment